The Mock Bar Exam (MBE) for Labor Law will simulate previous bar exam questions, including the time limit. The objective of a mock bar exam is to familiarize examinees with bar exam questions in terms of what are being asked (e.g. concepts, principles, etc.) and how they are being asked (e.g. presentation of the problem set, particularly in an essay question).
- What many previous examinees can attest, whether they have passed or not, is that the more that you take practice tests and mock bar exams, the better — regardless of the results.
- For those who get high MBE results, they benefit from a boost of confidence (although caution is advised as this may result in over-confidence, which may not be a good thing).
- For those who get low MBE results, they benefit from knowing their weaknesses and improving on them before actually taking the bar exam.
Lastly, while an MBE is a good indicator of an examinee’s preparedness to take the bar exam, it is by no means definitive and final. To be clear, it is not a judgment on whether an examinee should or should not take the bar exam. It is, after all, ultimately up to the examinee to make an in-depth personal assessment of his/her preparedness to take on the bar exam.
Mock Bar Exam Details
What: 4-hour Mock Bar Exam for Political Law
When: October 1, 2022 to October 15, 2022
Where: Canva by Instructure
Who: Bar Examinees or 3rd Year LS and up only
How: Sign up at barmentor.ph/exam/
*While there is no specific time (meaning you can take it from 12:01 am to 11:59 pm), the examinee is advised to take it simulating the corresponding bar exam schedule — e.g. 8:00 am to 12:00 nn, or 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. T The examinee is also reminded that there is a time limit, e.g. 4 hours or 3 hours depending on the subject.
1) Students have the option to choose which of the above available dates and times to take the exam.
2) They are responsible for taking the exam on the designated days and time.
3) They shall ensure that they have stable Internet connection/connectivity.
4) Re-taking is limited only to one (1) time, regardless of the reasons for the re-take, including issues with Internet connection/connectivity. As clearly in No. 3, you should ensure that you have stable Internet connection/connectivity.
5) Further details are in the sign up page: barmentor.ph/exam