2022 BAR EXAM
Bar Exam Subjects
The content has been updated to follow the recently issued Bar Exam Syllabus for each subject.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Before contacting us, check here first so we can both save the time and effort.
Yes and No.
Yes — in terms of free content that is available to members with free paid membership plans. All members start with a free paid membership plan.
No — in terms of paid content is available to paid members only with a paid membership plan. Our membership plans may be viewed here: Pricing.
(We do have to pay for maintaining this website — you know. That means, paying for website developers, graphic designers/artists, research assistants, editors, as well as licenses and subscriptions for applications, to name a few. That is also why we are very serious with enforcement of our intellectual property. So, fair warning to all bad actors intending to pirate or violate our intellectual property.)
The reasons may be any of the following:
1) The content is not yet available — as it is being updated to align with the current bar exam syllabus (indicator: no redirect or link is disabled; – or –
2) The content you are trying to access is available for those with a paid membership plan (indicator: redirect to an unauthorized page).
If you have a paid membership plan and you are unable to access content linked to your plan, feel free to reach our via our: Contact Us.
Yes, provided that the subject is already open and available for mentoring. You may also check on the announcements.
When the content or mentoring program is available, there will be an announcement with the pricing.
For payments, you may pay bank deposit/wire transfer. Bank details will be provided to you upon signing up for a paid membership plan.
No, this review does not qualify as a refresher course as it has to be done with a law school. The bar exam review mentoring program is an as is where is service — and is not, in any way, connected to a compliance requirement for taking the bar exam.
The Library is no longer available. During the 2020/21 bar exam review period, access to the Library was given for free to help bar examinees during the height of the pandemic. Currently, the online reviewers, lessons, practice tests, and other content, may be accessible via the Review Center for members only.
It is because our content is designed to help those preparing for the bar exam and thus the discussions are short, direct, concise, and, most importantly, on point — with the full assumption that the member has already studied the concepts and is simply reviewing.
We are aware that 1st year and 2nd year law students are using our content to help them with their study. While we appreciate the trust, we recommend that they still read the original texts/sources to be aware of the rationale, history, and evolution of legal concepts, rules, doctrines, and so on. These discussions are no longer included in bar exam reviewers, which primarily focus on key concepts and principles usually or might be asked in the bar exam.
It takes a lot of time, effort, and resources into creating our content, from researching, writing, editing, designing, video editing, website development, and so on. What you are thus seeing or consuming is the output of several individuals who contributed various their knowledge, skills, and talent into making this happen. We owe them the respect and gratitude for their hard work and dedication. And, it starts with acknowledging and upholding their intellectual property rights.
As we repeatedly remind our members, fair warning to all bad actors intending to pirate or violate our intellectual property.
1) For the mentoring program:
- While lectures are provided, it is primarily test practice driven to simulate bar exam conditions — answering questions.
- Video lessons help only to a certain extent in terms of reminding you on key areas. What really matters – and counts in the end – is your knowledge and skills to answer questions, which is the very essence of the bar exam. Hence, the focus on answering questions.
2) For the content:
- It is primarily focused on mastering concepts and principles — particularly those which have been asked in previous bar exams.
- No bar exam reviewer out there will cover “all topics” as that is not the nature and purpose of a reviewer. If you want a reference that will cover “all topics”, it is suggested that you buy a law book, instead of a reviewer.
Except as otherwise expressly provided by law, the writ of habeas corpus shall extend to all cases of illegal confinement or detention by which any
No ex post facto law or bill of attainder shall be enacted. (Section 22, Article III, 1987 Constitution)
No person shall be imprisoned for debt or non-payment of a poll tax. (Section 20, Article III, 1987 Constitution)
Excessive fines shall not be imposed, nor cruel, degrading or inhuman punishment inflicted. (Section 19, Article III, 1987 Constitution)
No involuntary servitude in any form shall exist except as a punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted. (Section 18,
Labor organization. Labor organization – means any union or association of employees which exists in whole or in part for the purpose of collective bargaining
1. Who may join, form, or assist labor organizations or workers’ associations Coverage. – All persons employed — in commercial, industrial and agricultural enterprises and
1. Labor Code NB:The Labor Code provisions on disability and death benefits are under Title II – Employees Compensation and State Insurance Fraud, Book IV
1. LIMITED PORTABILITY Portability. Portability – shall refer to the transfer of funds for the account and benefit of a worker who transfers from one
1. COVERAGE AND EXCLUSIONS a. Compulsory coverage Employers of employees compulsorily covered by the SSS. These shall include private employers previously granted waiver or suspension
Frequency: ★★☆☆☆ 1. Crime Swindling by a syndicate: Swindling (estafa) by syndicate is committed by a syndicate consisting of five or more persons formed with
Frequency: ★★★★☆ “Children” – refers to a person below eighteen (18) years of age or those over but are unable to fully take care of
Frequency: ★★★☆☆ “Body building” – refers to a job undertaken on a motor vehicle in order to replace its entire body with a new body.
Frequency: ★★★★☆ “Access” – refers to the instruction, communication with, storing data in, retrieving data from, or otherwise making use of any resources of a
Frequency: ★★★★☆ 1. Crimes a. Sale, trading, administration, dispensation, delivery, distribution and transportation of dangerous drugs and/or controlled precursors and essential chemicals 1st Mode 1)
1. Wills a. CONCEPT 1) Last will and testament A will is an act whereby a person is permitted, with the formalities prescribed by law,
1. DEFINTIONS Succession. Succession – is a mode of acquisition by virtue of which the property, rights and obligations to the extent of the value
Concept: Retroactivity. This Code shall have retroactive effect insofar as it does not prejudice or impair vested or acquired rights in accordance with the Civil
Concept: Emancipation. Emancipation takes place by the attainment of majority. Unless otherwise provided, majority commences at the age of eighteen years.(Article 234, Family Code, as
1. GENERAL PROVISIONS Scope and extent of parental authority. Pursuant to the natural right and duty of parents over the person and property of their
I, do solemnly swear that I will maintain allegiance to the Republic of the Philippines, I will support the Constitution and obey the laws as
Canon 14: A lawyer shall not refuse his service to the needy.
Canon 10: A lawyer owes candor, fairness and good faith to the Court.
The Integrated Bar of the Philippines is the official national body composed of all persons whose names now appear or may hereafter be included in
Canon 1: A lawyer shall uphold the Constitution, obey the laws of the land, and promote respect for law and legal processes.