M. Retainer Agreement
1. RETAINER AGREEMENT
1) Consent (i.e. signature portion)
2) Object (i.e. item sold or transacted)
3) Consideration (i.e. purchase price)
b. Magic Words
The client shall pay a monthly retainer fee of [amount] | payable to the lawyer starting next month from [insert: reckoning date]
For and in consideration of the above payment | the lawyer shall provide legal consultation to the client’s queries | via phone call, email, or SMS, within business hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, from Mondays to Saturdays.
1) A retainer agreement is a contract and thus the essential requisites should be present: consent, object, and consideration.
2) The format of a retainer agreement can be in the form of an engagement letter or a standard contract.
Lawyer, Author, Mentor